In this issue…
With sadness, the Editorial Team has decided to suspend production of the Lapford Lookout for the foreseeable future. This will be the first break in production since our very first issue back in April 1998.
All adverts will be carried forward so that our advertisers are not disadvantaged. Please continue to support them wherever possible.
The situation is evolving rapidly and we are unable to say when the next Lapford Lookout will drop through your letterbox, but please rest assured—we will be back.
In the meantime, if you find you have some spare time at the moment, why not put pen to paper or finger to keyboard and submit a contribution to the Lapford Lookout? Non time-related contributions are still welcome and will be retained for future use.
YOUR VILLAGE NEEDS YOU!
YOU NEED YOUR VILLAGE!
TO CONTACT THE EDITOR
Write to: Jan Parsons, Rivendell, Popes Lane, Lapford, Crediton, EX17 6QU
Tel: (01363) 83255
By hand: Use the box in The Orchard Centre or the Editor’s letterbox
There will be no Lapford Lookout until further notice. Non date relevant contributions are still welcomed and will be retained for future use. We will be back!
Contributions are welcome, to be used at the Editor’s discretion.
NEED TRANSPORT TO YOUR SURGERY APPOINTMENT?
Lapford Voluntary Car Aid provides the residents of the village (including friends and family staying with you) with courteous, reliable, fully insured drivers to get you to your appointment safely and on time. Bookings can be made, by telephoning Grace Hill on 83178. Current fares for the services covered are as follows:
- New Valley Practice, Newcombes, Crediton – £6
- Chulmleigh Health Centre & Dental Practice – £5
- Bow Medical Centre – £5
- Winkleigh Surgery – £5
- Crediton (Hospital) – £5
- Crediton (Breast Screening) – £6
- Morchard Bishop Surgery – £3
NATIONAL BLOOD SERVICE
You can still travel to donate.
Giving blood and platelets is essential to the NHS and vulnerable patients. Please keep donating.
Travelling to donate is permitted because it helps meet the medical needs of vulnerable people. Hospitals need our blood supply now and in the coming weeks more than ever.
Please keep your appointment if you can, or make a new one for the future. Coming to give blood is considered essential travel for the NHS.
If you have checked our coronavirus advice and are able to donate, there is no reason to postpone.
Find out more at www.blood.co.uk, or call the donor helpline on 0300 123 23 23 for more information or to check for cancellations
Do something amazing – Give Blood!
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY IN LAPFORD
Lapford Emergency Response: Call Stacey on 07496 144 772
Parish Council Contact: Ian Hemsworth: 01363 884460
Village Contact: Roy Trevaskis: 01363 83742
South of Taw/A377 Contact: Sue Briant-Evans: 01363 83763
USEFUL TELEPHONE NUMBERS
- Emergency numbers: 999 or 112
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Churches House Action Team: 01884 255606
- Citizens Advice Bureau (open Mon-Fri 9.30-16.00): 03444 111444 or C.A.B. Crediton (open Wed 10.00-15.00 by appt only): 01884 219379
- Crediton Ring and Ride: 01363 773303
- Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111
- Dog Fouling/Fly Tipping: 01884 255255
- Environment Agency Floodline: 0845 9881188
- Farming Community Network: 03000 111 999
- Gas Emergency: 0800 111999
- Highways (roads/lights/potholes): 0845 1551004
- Mental Health Support Out of Hours: The Moorings @Devon, Exeter: 07990 790 920 or Barnstaple: 07850 927 064
- NHS for non urgent medical needs: 111
- Patient Participation Group: Bill Graham: 01363 83047
- Police Non-emergency :101
- Power cut: 105 or 0800 6783 105
- RSPCA: 0300 1234 999
- Safeguarding concerns and Social Services: 0845 6000388
- Samaritans: 116 123, 01271 374343, 01392 411711
- SHOUT: Text 85258 for help from crisis volunteers
- Water leaks or burst mains: 0800 230 0561